We had Red Curry Roast Duck for Christmas. We followed the instruction in Help with Cooking. And the result was quite good but I might tweak the recipe next time. Two of us could only took half of the duck. What happened to the rest was Larb Ped and Duck Fried Rice. Larb is a Isan (Northeast of Thailand) salad style.
- Left-over roast duck meat
- A bunch of Coriander
- Two Shallots
- Two Eschalots
- Three kaffir lime leaves, very finely sliced
- A spoonful of ground roast rice
- Lemon juice (to your taste)
- Fish sauce (to you taste)
- Crushed dried chillies (to your teste)
- Warm up the duck and break it down into small pieces. You can leave the stuffing with it.
- Mix all the gradients, taste it and put it on a bed of lettuce.
Not to be confused with Roast Duck Red Curry. It is a whole bird marinated in Thai spice.
• A duckling
• Roast cumin
• Roast coriander seeds
• Roast pepper corn
• Kaffir lime leaves
• Grated galangal
• Chopped Lemongrass
• Soaked dried chillies
• Chopped eschalots
• Fish sauce
• Dark soy sauce
• Coconut milk
Use your guessimate for measuring.
1. Pound everything in a mortar except fish sauce, dark soy sauce, coconut milk, breadcrumb and duck. (Duh!) A food processor will work as well.
2. Put fish sauce, dark soy sauce and some coconut milk into the paste. Mix well.
3. Give the duck a rub with half of the mixture and make sure it goes under its skin.
4. Mix the rest of the paste with more coconut milk and breadcrumb as the stuffing.
5. Stuff the bird with it and tie the poor bugger’s legs. Let it be over night.
To be continued.