Not to be confused with Roast Duck Red Curry. It is a whole bird marinated in Thai spice.
Roast coriander seeds
Roast pepper corn
Kaffir lime leaves
Soaked dried chillies
Dark soy sauce
Use your guessimate for measuring.
1. Pound everything in a mortar except fish sauce, dark soy sauce, coconut milk, breadcrumb and duck. (Duh!) A food processor will work as well.
2. Put fish sauce, dark soy sauce and some coconut milk into the paste. Mix well.
3. Give the duck a rub with half of the mixture and make sure it goes under its skin.
4. Mix the rest of the paste with more coconut milk and breadcrumb as the stuffing.
5. Stuff the bird with it and tie the poor bugger’s legs. Let it be over night.
To be continued.